Our litigation department provides practical and cost effective legal advice and court representation in a broad range of disputes, from complex litigation in the High Court and Bankruptcy Court to debt collection in the County Court. Whether the claim involves asset freezing orders, search orders or other injunctive relief, or is contractual, we can provide a complete service.
We specialise in commencing and defending proceedings and obtaining judgments and other Court orders and enforcing them in most key practice areas, including:
- Corporate/commercial business disputes inclusive of director, shareholder & partnership disputes
- Insolvency matters (Bankruptcy & Corporate Insolvency)
- Appeals up to the High Court
- Property Disputes
- Injunctions (Freezing Order, Search Order & Prohibitory Injunctions)
- General Insurance matters
- Contested, Will, probate/legacy disputes
- Building and construction disputes
- Sale of goods disputes
- Defamation claims
- Professional negligence (solicitors/accountants)
- International trade disputes
- Landlord & Tenant disputes
- Debt & Assets Recovery
- Enforcement of County Court & High Court Judgments and Tribunal Awards
Our approach to resolving disputes is business sensitive: we look for innovative ways to solve clients' problems speedily and, wherever possible, in a way that preserves the relationship between the parties. We firmly believe in using alternative dispute resolution procedures whenever appropriate. We have extensive experience in the provision of ADR/mediation services and have successfully represented clients in numerous mediations/arbitrations.
Our objective is to use litigation and arbitration only as a necessary tool of last resort, seeking first to conclude matters by negotiation or by other forms of dispute resolution in a practical commercial manner and at the earliest opportunity.
If you wish to make an enquiry about litigation, debt recovery or dispute resolution, please contact our dedicated litigation team via our enquiry form and someone will contact you to discuss your claim.
Corporate Crime Defence
RM Legal can assist you to resolve any corporate criminal issues your business may have. RM Legal is dedicated to providing the best possible service for you in order to deal with your case for a positive outcome. Finding your business or yourself part of a corporate criminal investigation can be a very difficult time and this may affect you financially and your day to day life.
We can assist you in defending a case to ensure your business is operating in a legal compliant manner. We deal with the following areas, which mean you can be confident you are receiving the highest quality advice and assistance:
- VAT & Tax Tribunal Proceedings, Investigations & Prosecutions
- Health & Safety Prosecutions and Environmental Prosecutions
- Companies Act offences
- Insolvency related offences
- Company directors’ disqualification & prosecution
- Financial Conduct Authority Investigations & Prosecutions
- Regulatory Investigations (Solicitors, Accountants & Doctors) & Tribunal Representation
- Civil & Corporate Fraud Investigations
- Anti-Money Laundering Compliance & Investigations
- Mortgage Fraud
- Fraud and dishonesty offences under the Fraud Act and Theft Act and
- All types of motoring offences
If you wish to make any enquiry about Litigation or Corporate Crime Defence, please contact us via our enquiry form and we will contact you to discuss your matter.
Russell Mozumder is the Managing Partner and leads our Insolvency & Company Restructure and Litigation & Corporate Crime Defence practice groups.
Russell founded RM Legal Solicitors in 2009....
Paul Brook is an Associate Solicitor in the firm’s Litigation & Employment practice group. He specialises in all aspects of civil and commercial litigation, Employment & Personal Injury group.
Mark Pugh is a litigation executive in the firm’s Litigation, Employment, Insolvency & Shipping/Admiralty practice group. He specialises in all aspects of civil and commercial litigation....
John Navas is a Trainee Solicitor in our litigation practice group. He specialises in commercial and civil litigation with a focus on debt recovery, personal injury and private client matters....