RM Legal is distinctive in that it offers both wet and dry shipping aspects of shipping commerce. Our lawyers are experienced in dealing with matters in a cost effective manner and providing practical legal advice in dealing with all types of shipping and admiralty cases. We have a network of associates, lawyers, marine surveyors, investigators and loss adjusters, which we can draw upon in appropriate cases in order to provide a complete marine legal service to our clients.
The majority of shipping and admiralty matters have multi-jurisdictional factors to be considered and accordingly we are often required to deal with and or to instruct lawyers and experts from other countries to obtain advice on different legal systems as well as to consider international maritime conventions relating to admiralty laws.
We offer prompt and clear advice to a number of ship management companies, ship owners, shipbrokers and P&I clubs worldwide.
Contentious- Wet Shipping
- Arrest of ships
- Vessel collisions at sea
- Maritime incidents and investigations
- Cargo and logistics damage claims
- Vessel agency
- Salvage claims
- Pollution incidents at sea
- Regulatory investigation and inquiries
- Contractual disputes
- Bills of lading and charterparty disputes
- Unsafe berth/port disputes
- Stevedore damage
Non-Contentious- Dry Shipping
- Contracts for the sale and purchase of goods
- Carriage of goods by sea
- Marine insurance claims
- Purchase, sale and registration of vessels
- Towage contracts
- Setting up a shipping company
- Ship building contracts
- Ship purchases, finance & securities
- Sale contracts/MOAs for the scrapping of a ship
- Restructure of ship ownership and management companies
- Joint venture agreements
- Cruise ship passenger & crew member injuries
- Yacht accident injuries/passenger claim
- Injuries at docks and dry-docks
- Criminal acts by crew members
- Slip and fall accident
- Assaults or attacks by
Russell Mozumder is the Managing Partner and leads our Insolvency & Company Restructure and Litigation & Corporate Crime Defence practice groups.
Russell founded RM Legal Solicitors in 2009....
Mark Pugh is a litigation executive in the firm’s Litigation, Employment, Insolvency & Shipping/Admiralty practice group. He specialises in all aspects of civil and commercial litigation....
John Navas is a Trainee Solicitor in our litigation practice group. He specialises in commercial and civil litigation with a focus on debt recovery, personal injury and private client matters....